Start SS1 Saturday 13-14:00 Höganäs/Helsingborg. Registration 9:30-11:00 at the club. Buss leave 11:15
Program 4-8 july Surfski SM, Aterra Wave Challenge
- 16:00-19:00 Prova på surfski & havskajak Landskrona Citadellbadet
- 11:00-14:00 Ungdomsrace/Downwind Surfski 12-18 år Helsingborg Fria Bad
- 15:00-19:00 Prova på surfski & havskajak Helsingborg Fria Bad
7 july Surfski SM Aterra Wave Challenge
- 9:00-10:30 registration
- 11:15 Buss to start
- 12:00 Skipper meeting
- 13:00 Start Höganäs Kvickbadet
- Finnish Helsingborg 14:15-15:30
- 14:30- After race buffet
19:00 Barbeque from Holy Smoke at the club. Book at registration, 195 sek/20 euro. Not to miss!!!
8 july SS1 Life Saving, SS2 Short Track
- 10:00 Registration
- 11:00 Skippers Meeting
- 12:00 Start competitions
- Classes: Lifesaving Men-Women SS2 Short-Track Mix
About 8 july: Surfski SM is a part of Swedish Champion Week (SM-Veckan). And we wants to show the surfskisport for more people. The plan is to do one Lifesaving Race and a short track race for doubles. The doubles race will be a handicap race were we try to make even teams.
North wind. The race starts at Kvickbadet Höganäs, then we round the lighthouse "Svinabådan" and after that we aim for next mark the E4 buyo. The finnish line is in the beach in Helsingborg. The area have a nice promenade and there will be, if the weather is nice a lot of people welcomming you when you after 20 km paddling take the finnish line.
South wind. The race starts in Fria Bad beach in Helsingborg. The area have a nice promenade and there will be, if the weather is nice a lot of people see you start the race. After the start we aim for the E4 buyo and after that the lighthouse Svinabådan. After the lighthouse turn slightly right and go ahead to Höganäs harbour/marina. Aterra Wave Challenge welcome competitors and paddlers from all countries. The race is open for surfski.
North West wind. The race starts in Gilleleje and will follow the coast before you turn to Helsingborg.
Register office is at Helsingborgskanotisterna GRÖNINGEN NORRA 1 Helsingborg Sweden.
The race follow the coast around 1-2 km out in the sea. It goes from Höganäs to Helsingborg or the other way. Its about 20 km long and we have had winds for all seven years we have arranged the competition.
- 20 km downwind in open sea.
- Start Höganäs or Helsingborg.
- The finnish is in Fria Bad in Helsingborg or Kvickbadet Höganäs.
In case of west north west wind we will start in Gilleleje.
Höganäs-Helsingborg 19 km, Gileleje-Helsingborg 24 km
SM and AWC
- Surfski SM and Aterra Wave Challenge Open: SS1 Male, Female, U18** 19-20 km Male, Female
**NEW Class SS1 U18! Born 00-01. 19 km.
Race Day 2
- SS1 Life Saving SS2 Short Track Mixed
- 50m behind the clubhouse is a big parking, also for campers and vans. Trailers park in front of clubhouse.
- 09.30-11.00 at Helsingborgskanotisterna GRÖNINGEN NORRA 1 Helsingborg Sweden.
Buss to start
- 11.15 Goes to Höganäs Kvickbadet.
- 12.30 near the starting point
- 13-14:00 Start
Startday 7 july. Day for SS1.
Direction, skippers meeting and aprox start time presents here friday latest 14.00
- 30 min to start land flag on land up on beach. Long Signal 3-5 sec.
- 5 min to start 2 flags up.
- 2 min to start 1 flag up.
- 1 min to start 1 flag in hand.
- During this minute the start can go any time.
- Start flag down + 3 sec. long signal.
Cellphone numbers to the safety boats
- Boat 1 +46XXThis boat will ensure the safety of the last competitors.
- Boat 2 +46XX This boat will patrol the last 2/3 of the competitors.
- First person how cross the finnish line and have followed the track wins.
Navigation. You will pass following in order:
- Höganäs Kvickbadet start
- "Svinabådan" lighthouse out in the sea.
- Hittarp/Laröd the last village before Helsingborg.
- E4 boyo
- Fria Bad Helsingborg city just before the black restaurant
- Helsingborg start/finnish
WGS84 56°3'10.4"N 12°40'57.7"E
- Höganäs start/finnish
WGS84 56°11'49.5"N 12°33'12.5"E
Safety equipment and rules:
- Leg leash
- Light Flare on your pfd
- Fox 40 whistle or similar
- You shall be dressed to manage at least 30 minutes in water.
- Colorfull clothing on shirt and pfd, black is not alloud!
- Cellphone. We recommend a telefon with buttons. You need also a smartphone for Webtracking.
- Competitors must be able to re-enter from water.
Spot-check, on demand you have to show officer that you can remount out in the sea. The safety officer on the boats or on land have the right to refuse your start.
- Info webtracking: http://www.webtracking.se/Webtracking/Home.html
- Start Höganäs: When you arrive register, load your ski on a trailer and fasten it, a buss go to the start 11.15.
Start Helsingborg: When you arrive register, put dry clothes in a bag and put the bag in one of the cars with trailer. You will find your clothing in the clubhouse.
- Buffé will be served in or outside Helsingborgskanotisterna. Depends on the weather. This is included in the fee.
Evening barbeque with Holy Smoke.The famous Holy Smoke from Höganäs will give us a fantastic meal during the evening. Book mealticket at registration!
Read more about Holy Smoke here.